Monday, March 16, 2009

Things I do when I'm bored/restless at work

Sometimes reading can only do so much. Here are random things I've picked up on that I do when I'm bored here.

-My work phone is right by the mouse. I sometimes lift the receiver up and down just to feel like I'm doing something. I like to watch the screen change (we have those fancy Cisco phones).
-Talking about screen changes, I toggle (Alt+Tab) through all the windows that I have open.
-I go to the bathroom.
-I look through my emails, making sure there aren't any open items.
-I look at my various calendars and sync them.
-I open up complicated work applications I have access to, just for fun.
-I journal.
-I start singing in my head.
-My hands get cold frequently. So I sit on them to warm while swinging side to side in my cool office chair, staring into space.
-I chat with other Business Analysts through the internal messaging app.
-I look up ideal apartments/things on craigslist/ebay.
-I think of any appointments with doctors or optometrists or dentists or counselors I need to make....recently, I've used up all my options.
-I try to figure out something financially complicated, like whether I should consolidate my student loans.
-I write Ben or Summer a long email.
-I clean out my wallet.

2 comments: