Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stationary, an old friend

So invites and other paper-related products that I want for this wedding is one of the more exciting parts for me, though turning out to be a lot more expensive than I anticipated...sometimes I think I'm even more excited about it than my dress. Don't ask me why. To cut down costs, we'll be sending out the invite through email to a large amount of the young'ins. Either way though, all invitees will see the fabulous work of Kyo Y (her last name means inside the mountain, just so you know). Of course, I have yet to see this fabulous work, but I'm sure it'll be great! I'm just so super grateful for her services.

I've been seeing pictures from the National Stationary Show on wedding blogs. And turns out Kyo actually went to it yesterday! I'm so very jealous! I don't know, I think I just really love pretty paper. I'm thinking this would be one of my dream alternate careers, owning a stationary store. It would be great to be surrounded by such beauty, yet not necessarily having to create that. As well as facilitating the communication of people.

I used to collect stationary as a girl...sadly enough I had nothing to use it for. I'm not sure what ended up happening to all of it. I think this was the only reason why I wanted a pen pal...and you know, friendship. I started writing letters to my cousin, Jikki, for this reason. I wrote so much to her, that I memorize their address. Who does that nowadays?

I don't remember the last time I actually wrote a letter to someone. I still have the various stamps and real candle wax and "X" seal that I used. I even had one of those feather pen things that you could buy at Barnes and Noble ^_^. I should really try writing more often, then maybe people would start writing me back! It will be a letter-writing revolution!

I just really loved this save the date that I saw on Brooklyn Bride. It's so hilarious to me! So simple, yet communicating exactly what I want.

1 comment:

  1. I still write letters to people--even people I talk to on a regular basis! There is something so special about getting a note in the mail.

    I agree, there is something so wonderful and happy about beautiful paper products.

    ReplyDelete