Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hobbies while at work (I'm such a multitasker)

I started reading Redeeming Love and stopped reading Dandelion Wine, because it was getting kind of boring. One really has to be in the mood to be in the suspended reality of Ray Bradbury. So far reading it reminds me of She's Come Undone. It just starts out so depressingly sad and tragic, and it reminds me of my childhood. It makes you read quickly though, cause you just want to get to the redemption as quickly as possible. Not to mention, I borrowed it from the library, so there's a due date involved. I figure that makes me move along in a book faster (or ditch it when it gets too uninteresting). I love the library.

I've started doing origami at my desk. It is oddly satisfying. It forces some output from me. And in an effort to do this to myself, I think I'll have a blog post everyday. YES, everyday (well, business day). Even if all I can say is "Poop".

I've somewhat gotten used to not doing anything all day. Maybe a little too much, as when I suddenly get called into a meeting I didn't know about (because I'm never invited really), I have to get back in gear and figure out, wait, what's going on again, because I've been reading Google Reader and watching Hulu all day. It's really a vicious cycle as even when I learn about things, I just don't know what to do with it. And then again, I get days where I'm thinking about how everyone is talking/thinking about how I don't ever do anything around here. I'm sure it's mostly in my head, but the thought is humiliating as one can imagine. It feeds on lies that are readily accessible and easily creep up.

3 comments:

  1. just warning you, redeeming love's ending is... whew. i have never cried over a book so much in my life.

    if you're enjoying redeeming love, read the "mark of the lion" series by francine rivers. the first two especially, the third one can be ignored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with grace on the francine rivers books--esp. with regard to the mark of the lion series. i didn't finish the third one. atonement child is also good.

    i totally folded my scratch paper into paper cranes for the kids when i worked at the dmv. that and did crosswords and sudokus all day long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, PLEASE write a blog where all you write is "poop".

    ReplyDelete