I've sworn off of Google Reader for awhile. I think I'm just subscribed to waaay too much cynical, irreverent material. That stuff can really spoil my mind, though it is rather informative. Why is it for people to feel like they're being "real" they think it's all yucky and dirty? Can't I be real while being clean and joyful? Reality involves a lot of redemption and hope.
I've been thinking about how incredibly great timing it is that I'm in the workforce in this industry at this point in time. I'd be experiencing this so differently if I was still in school (ie more panic and personal anxiety). For all the talk of Wall St. and Main St., being a part of both worlds, I'm largely untouched and all there is is possibility. I'll remember this moment, this month, this period for the rest of my life. I only really wish I could invest some money (if you got anything, anything at all, do it!).
Meanwhilst, I started playing my DS at work because I got a new game (well, my 8 year old cousin got a duplicate game for her birthday so I quickly volunteered to be a beneficiary of the extra, it pays to be a girl in my family). As incredibly sad as that may sound, I see it as more like pushing the envelope. How much can I really get away with? I was already knitting yesterday (and that actually makes rhythmic sounds as the needles knock onto each other). I think it was last week when I found out how to play Lemmings online.
You may think, Xaris, what would happen if you put all that effort and creativity into your work? To which I say, Dude, I've tried! There's only so much a girl can do pursuing something that doesn't really mean much to her anyway! It's amazing that I care as much as I still do for this stupid project. I still ask questions, and I still learn things. But if they're content in not giving me anything real to do and still pay me every month, then that's fine by me. I'll just sit here quietly with my video game.
Video games? wowser.
ReplyDelete