Friday, October 31, 2008

B-t-duhbs (dabbling with the politics)

Frontline's special on both John McCain and Barack Obama is pretty awesome. I read and hear a lot of leaning-left media (you know, to counter the WSJ and my own conservative tendencies), and it really does seem unfair to me how they characterize McCain. He may be totally incompetent with how he controls his party and his campaign and real terrible at public speaking, but he essentially is who he says he is. He is definitely not George Bush nor a real party faithful. Also, the dirty tactics by Republicans on mischaracterizing Obama and totally messing with the message of Obama's policies, not to mention ignoring the racism that goes on is totally disgusting. I think I'm with Colin Powell on this one. Both men are pretty great and able to lead. That's what makes this election so great, we finally have two completely different men, who are both, at the heart of it, great men. I'm so glad that this is the first presidential election I get to vote in!! I just like how positive Frontline is about each man and his strengths. I love PBS.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. I like the candidates- they both seem... REAL. And I feel like they do actually have some differences, some failings. I know there is always a tendency to "hate" the opposite candidate, but they are both respectable in very different ways.

    How refreshing! Sounds like I should catcht that show.

    ReplyDelete