Thursday, October 30, 2008

Grace Covers Shame

Of course the name of this blog is not an uncommon part of Christianese, but I wanted to mention the song that inspired me to use it. Watermark is this band made up of a cute married couple, with really deep lyrics and playful music. I wish I could sing their songs in worship. Like many other artists, my brother introduced me to them (he became an American citizen on Tuesday btw). The song is from The Purest Place album.

"You Come As You Are"

I lay me down at Your feet my Jesus
Find me here with a heart that's pure
I am raised up in the love You pour on me
The moment I believe...

I lay me down at Your feet my Jesus
Find me here with a life like Yours
I am raised up in pow'r that sets me free
The moment I believe The moment I believe

Chorus:
(that) You come as You are And I come as I am
And grace covers shame
You come in Your pow'r And I bow down
And grace covers shame
You come like a flood and I'm lost in this "Hallelujah!"
You come as You are and I come as I am
And grace covers all of me... All of me...

I lay me down at Your feet my Master
Find me here with the grace to know
That I am raised up in the perfect love of God
The moment I believe The moment I believe

Chorus

Bridge:
I am laid broken Lord I am open
Breathe in me
And this by design Is Your life divine Living in me...
You come as You are...
I come as I am
You come in Your power And I bow down

Chorus


There are times when I just feel like shouting Hallelujah, Rejoice, or Praise the Lord, but often than not I don't. It seems to happen in the times when I feel desperate, or someone who is speaking to me sounds desperate, and I just wanna yell it to their face, as if it would make it more true in our hearts. Well, it probably wouldn't hurt, but Scripture is better.

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" -Numbers 23:19

No comments:

Post a Comment