Been listening to a lot of Coldplay recently (well my iPod keeps "shuffling" to it).
From "White Shadows"
"Maybe you get what you wanted
Maybe you stumbled upon it
Everything you ever wanted
In a permanent state
Maybe you'll know when you see it
Maybe if you say it, you'll mean it
And when you find it, you keep it
In a permanent state
A permanent state"
Just feeling and digging that a lot right now. Music can be so much more effective at explaining and feeling than spoken words.
I've been feeling rather musical this week. I'm starting to really miss my voice lessons I think. In the cramped practice rooms of Steinhardt, there was a freedom to perform without feeling like an idiot, because only Megan R, who has heard every part of my voice, was respectfully judging. (Btw, I am a major fan of this woman, she is one of the best people I know) And when Edward started playing for me, it was also great, because I knew his judgments were also based on reality. I'm not a fantastic singer, but I like to use what I've been given once and awhile. I don't sing for others though, I sing for myself and the Lord.
Most people know that when I was growing up, I sort of idolized Lea Salonga. Being the kind of dreamer I am, I would secretly want to be her, but never put anything towards such aspirations. She was just so talented, doing concerts and musicals throughout the world meanwhile totally keeping her down-to-earth attitude and sweet heart. My parents have a VHS of this concert she did in the Philippines, even after all her success and everything, she was still the same cute girl, speaking in polite Tagalog, singing Pilipino songs as well as American songs. I think she's just a high class kind of person.
Xaris,
ReplyDeleteCome with me to the next audition I go on. You can be the next Lea. Your a high class kind of person yourself. ;-)