Haha, I really like Claire's post about October. I was largely thinking the same thing yesterday. I really like the month of October. I always associate it with good things and good events in my life (not at all like crappy September). It has a billion birthdays in it: Mine(!!!), Claire's, my brother's, a few cousins', and several friends', my grandmother's (who has passed away); as well as my parents' anniversary, which they never celebrate or pay attention to, but somehow I'm the only one in my family that finds that kind of thing important (31 years for them, by the literal and full grace of God). And I guess I'll be adding my own dating anniversary with Ben. Also, in the last couple of years, I've gone on some retreat or other in the month of October. It's in October that it feels like it's just about that time to get out of here, or I will snap. Think of it, I've been in the tri-state area, really since the Ziesel wedding. I'm really looking forward to meaningfully leaving for the Pure Conference. Not like an overnight stay, or a day trip, like a real retreat. 22 days left woohoo! With so much to celebrate, there are always parties and get-togethers going on, too. October can really be as socially busy as December I think.
I also like how much cooler it gets. Everywhere I've lived in the world, it always gets cooler in October. This is weird, considering the Philippines is technically below the equator, though it is very close to it. Perhaps I am mixing memories, but I seriously remember October as the start of coolness (in so many levels). I know this line of thought is kind of contradictory to what I've said before, but keep in mind, the other two places I've lived at are tremendously hot places where any bit of cold was a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment