Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am extremely lucky

This is a picture I didn't get in time for yesterday. Look at how red my cheeks are! So rosy.

So I added a Label cloud (finally!) to the right. It's lots of fun. Funny how God and giggles are the things I write most about...kinda accurate no?

I won some pretty baller rush tickets for $25 each to the Met Opera on Saturday night! We got orchestra seats towards the middle! I have never been all the way down there! So exciting! The opera is Orfeo ed Euridice, which is great because I like mythical operas.

There's been some work drama going on. Things shift pretty quickly. I'm so grateful for where I'm at and what I get to do and learn. My boss is gone for the week (because his wife is having a baby! YAY!) so I'm supposed to fill in for him. So weird to realize how much I know now and how different that was 6 months ago. It's true ya'll, it doesn't matter what you majored in, everything that's important I've learned on the job. Like it doesn't matter what shape pot you are because they all get melted back down, it just matters what kind of clay you're made of.

I've been really amazed recently at how important certain things are to me. The way my money works, my spirituality and sense of the world, etc. I'm just hoping that I've remained teachable and that these things are held with an open hand.

I know it's way early, but so far 2009 has been an AWESOME year! This January has probably been one of the if not the best January's I've ever had in my life. There I said it. I will stand by my claim. Also, being Asian, I do pay attention to what year it is in the Chinese calendar and it's the year of the Ox. I was born in the year of the Ox...I subconsciously think this means I'll be lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment