Monday, February 23, 2009
Being Google Search Free!
Ok, so this warrants another entry today. I googled my name today, since I have such a unique full name I like to watch that closely. And as I feared would happen one day, a link to this blog showed up. So I finally got around to really figuring out how to block those Googlebots that crawl through the internet, since I've heard of that being possible. Lo and behold, I found out about meta tags that you put in the code of your header. You put it before < / head > and make sure you close it out with < / meta >. I felt really smart. So this means googlebots and other bots like them (i.e. Yahoo's crawlers), will stop picking this site up as a search result.
AND THEN, I also found out about Google Webmaster Tools which has all kinds of fun stats about when and how your website comes up and that kind of fun stuff. It's probably more fun if I was actually a professional blogger trying to create traffic to my site. And apparently about 13 people are subscribed to my feed on Google Reader....and that doesn't include the old-fashioned people (like Benny ^_^) who just come to this site directly...that's weird man. Here is the graphic of the terms that have made my site pop-up as a search result, but obviously no one has actually gone to my site through them (I'm assuming since they have no data for it). The Webmaster Tools also allows you to request and immediate URL removal from all search results, if you don't want to wait for the next crawl that happens on your site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment