Thursday, February 26, 2009

Food Tracking and More about Art

Grace told me about The Daily Plate and it's pretty amazing. It's this free online tool (connected to the Live Strong organization with the yellow bands for cancer) that tracks the calories you eat and the calories you burn. I'm guessing they make money from advertising, and the people who become "Gold" members. It isn't perfect, but the database of food and exercise is really amazingly complete. Here is my profile so far! And if you really get into it, you can also do some of the online community stuff, and there's a "Daily Food Diary" where you can blog about food and how healthy you feel, etc. Tracking things can be really fun.

Dave told me that some French dudes were kinda checking out my desk when I wasn't here. He commented that they were probably looking at my pictures and that the way my desk is laid out has a good vibe to it. I'm not sure what that really means, but man, if pictures are making people look at my desk, that's kind of creepy/cool. Every other person's desk I see is usually pretty bare, especially the consultants. But I guess I'm just the kind of person who likes to nest. Anyway, more likely the French dudes were just waiting to go see someone in an office. I think this bank has the best art put up that I've ever seen. That's against the 3 other financial institutions I've worked for. I've always wondered though how people decide to put one in a specific office. What if you were assigned an office and then you really didn't like the painting? I'm sure that's not really a problem though, considering most art they choose are innocuous.


It's a life goal of mine to own a Bob Ross painting. I used to watch the Joy of Painting in the Philippines because it was on early on Saturday mornings before the cartoons. They're just so peaceful and beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I love the daily plate! I used to be so good about it and i haven't used it in the longest time. maybe ill get back on the wagon. :-)

    ReplyDelete