I think the most fun thing about graduating is that you get to be your adult self meeting new people. Sure that kind of happens when you start college, but now it's a more fully formed personhood, instead of a shaky, unrooted one that's still largely tied to your childhood. One major thing is that a lot of the new people I meet connect me to Ben specifically, which is one thing I didn't really see coming about the transition. Probably mainly because I never had to. Imagine if you just met me today as I am...weird right? But just like anything, I guess, God shapes who I am and who I become, and people change all the time. I must have faith in His work in me.
ALSO, thought I'd share below is an album of the last Valentine's Day. Ben made some amazing mussels. Who knew these things were so easy to cook and cheap? My neighborhood is wonderful, we have a butcher, several bakers, a produce market, a fish monger, and the good ol' grocery store all in a one block radius. Going out to eat on Valentine's Day is definitely overrated...especially when that's a normal thing to do for us anyway and those pre-fixe meals are more expensive that they need to be.
The "normal" photo of you and Ben is SUCH a great picture!
ReplyDelete