Thursday, February 19, 2009

Did lots of listening today

I just heard about Yale's free courses online. I think ever since I've left school, I've been looking for ways to learn about things in a structured format. The problem is, I'm really not self-motivated enough. I really need to sit down and figured out a plan and stick it into my calendar or something. I think my sense of doing things is largely influenced by what people tell me I can or cannot do. Big surprise right? Unforunately, when no one tells me what to do, I don't do anything.

So apparently, Redeemer has a free sermon up every month at their sermon store. I listened to this month's and it's basically the Tim Keller "Core Lies" sermon. "The essence of sin is a lie." "First step of sin is not disobedience, it's the resentment of obedience." My favorite is his explanation of why the doctrine of Original Sin is a good thing because "We can hate evil without hating ourselves." It does not mitigate our greatness nor our evil. Anyway, good stuff!

1 comment:

  1. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Free YALE courses online???? How awesome?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete