Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Wish for Control

I had this random thought today that I wish I could manage people's money. Not like rich people, but like normal people, partly because I have no real skill with investing money, but I'm also really so super informed about the different ways people can organize their money. So it's not like I made this stuff up, I read it in some personal finance article or book or something, but the majority of people I know just don't have the interest or the time to read that stuff. I on the other hand do. Really, I just know little things that could save people a lot of money or psychological grief and just transform lives in general. My aunt is a financial advisor...I wonder what her job is like though. When I was working at ML, the job seemed impossible to live with.

In the end, it really is just money. And I somehow largely stay away from telling people what they need to do in self-righteous fashion (except for people who ask for it....and unfortunately Ben who's not necessarily asking for it, I publicly confess). What's a couple hundred bucks a month in our eternal lives!? But it's kinda one of those things. Like having good looking clothes doesn't truly matter, but if that's your thing and you want to stay in style, then you go for it and reap the benefits of your efforts. Personal finance is my thing.

Am I crazy here?

On another note, check out the banner ad at the bottom! I got it from the Humane Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment