Monday, November 24, 2008

Pure Notes

So this is a bit of a cop out, but really, it's revealing. I haven't had the time to really read through my notes from Pure until now (mainly because I had lent my notebook to someone). I thought I would just write out some pieces of it. I'm an arrows kind of person, I see people speaking in connections to the next thing they're saying.

Friday night - Paige Brown - Hannah's Desperate Heart 1 Samuel 1-2
We are not sufferers in need of a helper, we are sinners in need of a savior.

Desperation is leading Hannah to Jesus -> tears constitute prayer -> The Lord will mourn for you.

The song is about rejoicing in the Lord -> desperate heart is satisfied with knowing the Lord

We all have desperate lives, do you have a desperate heart?

Saturday morning - bah, I forget her name (Melissa Tamplin's counselor) - Sex, Just Say No
spiritual maturity = spiritual purity = sexual purity -> really talking about spiritual maturity

He blesses us where we are not because we're good, but He's good.

God uses His presence to invade you so you don't settle. -> conviction

Devil only has access to this life not our eternal one -> the purer we are the less power the enemy has from keeping us away from God's love.

repentance -> God takes your best (which is utter crap) and says "Yes, this is just what I wanted!"

If men are needy then God sends them another man -> Jesus.

You can't ruin what God has for you.

God is totally capable of saying Yes or No -> if He doesn't do anything He's trusting You w/ your spiritual maturity.

Saturday Lunch - Lynette Lewis
Everyone comes to a point where your dream is tested -> a process of separating the dream from the dreamer -> your dream feels forgotten -> God has set you apart, but not aside.

Choose to invest in the joy of your friends -> you will not be short-changed.

Saturday afternoon - Kathy Keller - Don't Waste Your Sorrows
If you didn't have the prior relationship [with God] before the suffering, then you don't get to access the comfort during the suffering.

God wants us to have a party in the valley of the shadow of death.

Redemption has cost God His Son -> He must think it was worth it.

Saturday night - Paige Brown - Eli's Compromised Heart 1 Samuel 2:12-36
Hard hearts are further hardened with God's judgment.

You're always floating somewhere.

God does not eliminate the competition, He says choose!

God cannot and does not forgive sin -> He forgives sinners -> sin must be paid for.

God says, "I do see you, and you're beautiful." -> not because you are, because you are His.

Sunday morning - Paige Brown - Samuel's Useful Heart 1 Samuel 3
God's word is grace -> absence of God's word is judgment -> when the Word is not received it is not sent.

The Bible is God's primary means of grace.

You know you've received, when you respond.

Our words are not deeds -> God's words make reality.

The Bible is about what God did for you, not what you should do for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment