Monday, November 10, 2008

Idina Menzel

I went to an Idina Menzel concert last night with Ben and Charlie in New Jersey. I'm not a big fan of her (nor of Rent, blech!), but really I went to see Chris Mann who opened for her (Ben's sister's friend who has a record deal with Sony). You (yes, YOU) should really check him out, he has quite a beautiful voice, and overall was a pretty nice guy.

I must admit though, seeing Idina made me want to see Wicked again. I've seen it only once 4 years ago, on my birthday (I tell you great things happen on my birthday). I wasn't obsessed with it and hadn't heard the music until I saw the show. Neither am I obsessed with it now, I just think it'd be nice to see again. It makes me wish I was still working around Times Square, and I could just do the lottery everyday until I won.

Idina was pretty funny to watch, she's not a very genuine person. It was also weird to sit with all those people who are infatuated with her. I don't get it. I guess I just don't relate to her. Anyway, it was fun and different. We even stopped by the Jersey Gardens Mall where they already have a Santa Claus taking requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment