Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Wish List

I've been on ebay a lot recently. I totally forgot how I can get such bang for my buck there. I've been toying with the idea of buying some really old Blackberry that seem to go for around $50 and just ask the mama for the data addition to the plan...but the whole point of wanting it, I must admit, is really the sexiness of it, not just the functionality. Technology is something that is important to me (ultra nice dress pants however not as much), so I don't exactly feel like this is silly of me. Currently, I am the winning bidder of this pretty package. I've been wanting a PS2 for years (highly doubt I'd ever get a PS3) mainly because I've got PS2 games. I'm also uber excited to finally be a proud owner of Guitar Hero. I can't believe more people aren't bidding for this, but I guess it's because the next gen stuff is more appealing. Well, that means it's more valuable to me and I'm willing to pay more than most.

Anyway, so I thought I would write a Christmas Wish List. I actually don't expect to receive any of these things for Christmas, but they are things I'll be in the process of saving for in the following months/years. Really, it wouldn't even have to be brand new, just newer than I have now. Here it is in quasi-covet level order

1) Blackberry (really anything with a full keyboard and runs on T-Mobile and looks cool, like the G1...I admit I am a bit tempted by the touch screen stuff...)
2) Laptop/netbook (again, it can be used or even just 2 years old; Essentials to me are 2GB Ram, >= 160 MB hard drive, XP, Microsoft Office Suite 2003 but really just need Excel ^_^, DVD/CD RW combo, dual-core processor speed doesn't really matter, integrated graphics card or better, and built in wireless card) - Honestly, that's actually really modest, and I could get a $400 laptop with these bare bones. Been watching this puppy the last couple of days.
3) non-iron shirts from CTshirts.com (they have an AMAZING return policy; would consider Brooks Brothers as well)
4) proper black boots (I'm a New Yorker, I'm a woman, it's essential)
5) Guitar Hero/PS2
6) Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
7) tailored pant suits
8) Book shelf (mine is literally teetering)
9) Xbox 360 with games
10) Get the back bumper of Gigi fixed
11) Trip to Tokyo
12) Trip to London
13) Trip to Germany to see Summer B

Obviously, with 10-13 I'm reaching into fairy tale land. In general though, life is pretty blessed. I still can't believe I actually OWN a digital camera, and I would have kicked myself if it had cost any more than $200, since I don't really use it that often. It's weird to think that I can basically afford anything with a little saving, but just not everything. It's all about realizing what I want the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment