Thursday, December 11, 2008

Productivity

I can't believe I got completely done with all my Christmas shopping like super early. Well, it's probably because I'm online all day, and find deals all the time through Google Reader. Also, I've been thinking about what to give people for a few months. One of the many instances when I sit at my desk, look around, and suddenly find something to be productive with. I wish I could somehow freelance out my time, like if you needed some Access data entry done or you needed a spreadsheet made up, or you need me to design a resume, newsletter or a PowerPoint presentation (I've actually done that last one before and got paid around $100..I was 13 years old). I could probably be someone's personal shopper, I work right by the mall! I would totally do it for money. I could start a side business....but not quite sure how.

Sometimes I dream about getting a job at a pet store, like on nights and weekends or something. Sometimes I wish I could babysit for someone. It's not that I have a lot of free time, it's just that I have a lot of emotional, spiritual, and mental capacity and space to work with. Why not capitalize on that?

I do feel guilty sometimes that I should be reading more about trade settlements and regulatory reporting, but really who wants to do that? It's better to see that kind of thing in action at work anyway, that's how most people know what they're doing. That's one revelation I've gotten in the working world: No one (well, this refers to people not on project mode, but are just doing a day-to-day job) really knows the whole picture of what they're doing. Most people live on the vague ideas and as long as something works, it works. To a certain extent, everyone just has to have faith in the process. YES, faith!

Alright, I don't really have a point.

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to. That's awesome about the $100!

    ReplyDelete