Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Longing for Home

Everyday has felt like a Friday this week. I think I just want it to be over because I'm going home next week. Oddly enough, there have been some solid work things that have broken up my days recently. It makes time fly by a lot faster.

I'm really looking forward to going home. It's been a whole year, and even I start missing the home I left. I miss chocolate milk, Mexican food, mild weather, and basically getting whatever I want. And any movie of significance in the past decade or so belongs to my father, I like taking my pick. I also miss my dog, even though we've really grown apart and he's the biggest brat ever!! I miss driving without fear or parallel parking. I miss my father and brother's jokes and the faces my mom makes. I miss not taking my wallet out.


I don't know how they talked me into being the very middle of this picture...I hate that...but it's impressive that even Boris (my dog) was looking at the camera that was on a timer.

Leaving home was probably THE best thing for my growth. And I don't necessarily regret not being able to go home more than once a year (and then for less than a week). But absence makes the heart grow fonder, so these visits are more precious to me than it would've been if I had gone home every summer. There are good and bad things in every home, but right now I'm probably just feeling a lot of the good.

1 comment:

  1. you have a beautiful family. they sound like wonderful people. I love the things you miss about them. -susan

    ReplyDelete