Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good Finance

I opened a Roth IRA today!! SWEET!! I'm so excited. I'm unsure as to how to invest it, but I've at least set up an automatic transfer. It might sit in cash for awhile or maybe I'll just be impulsive and get a Target Retirement Fund...hmm. Maybe I should just give those Schwab people a call.

I remembered another reason I'm looking forward to going home is showing my mom all the neat things I've learned and how I manage my money. (Perhaps my father and brother as well, if they would like). Also, coming up to year-end, this will be the first file that I have an entire year for (I started the current format in July 2007). I'm excited for all the ways I can manipulate this data. I could probably make my own annual report if I wanted to and put pictures in it and graphs and charts (haha). This also means I can clear out all the accounts I closed and can start with a clean slate.

I guess what I'm really saying is it's nice to know that things can change for the better (cue For Good, just for some pinoy fun).


No comments:

Post a Comment