Saturday, December 27, 2008

Vacation Observations

So I thought I would pause to say how amazed I am that I didn't experience any amount of withdrawal from the normal activities of my life. Things that used to take about hours of my time i.e. this blog, Google Reader, emails, my Budgeteering. It's odd how things just fall off.

But now, I've actually had a breather to do exactly what I want (being that it's just me and my parents and my dog here in Arizona...guess who gets to do whatever she wants?). So I've taken more than a glimpse of the list of unread emails and the blogs that have posted, and the news that continues to happen in the world...So weird, the world really just doesn't stop, and I actually felt a bit overwhelmed, like I'm missing something or I'm neglecting to do something I would've normally done immediately. Imagine if I feel like this now, how more overwhelmed I'd be if my job was more stressful or dependent on me...plus any other obligations I may have in the future, like more bills, worrying about children and whatnot.

So this is just a short post declaring I need to not freak out if there are 100 unread emails in my Inbox...if you were a real friend, you'd know how to contact me I figure. (Hey, if Summer can call me from Germany, you can too) I think ever since work has consisted of being at a computer all day, not needing that as a crutch has been freeing. And I need to not be overwhelmed by the thought of dealing with everything when I return because I'm not really at a point where I couldn't handle it all within a few hours (which I've totally got at work). I'm freaking not missing anything, I'M ON VACATION!

That being said, I got a BlackBerry (not for Christmas though, just bought the Series 8800 on Ebay for $100, woohoo!), and now have internet wherever. Hopefully this does not become a Crackberry...I would very much not want that to happen. Let's keep Xaris accountable shall we?

Btw, would like to point out that I've gotten a lot of what I wanted from this Christmas season: black boots, BlackBerry and data plan, puppy (aka Nintendogs from Ben, really like the best gift for me, ever), Ouendan AND Elite Beat Agents (via my brother), Guitar Hero, mani/pedi, chocolate (lots and lots of it), Mexican food, Filipino food (lots and lots of it), family time, Bobo time (my dog), Ben time, driving, sleep, Jesus (though probably not as much as I should be getting). That's a lot...and it's only about half over! Good golly, all vacations should be like this!

1 comment: